Friday, January 21, 2011

Thaipusam 2011 (Part 1)

I shot this image on my way up the hilltop temple, the
Sri Arulmigu Balathandayuthabani. It has been a long
journey and among the crowd, I spotted this young devotee.

With hooks on his back, this devotee joins his friends in the revelry
and street dance as the music blares in the background.


It was quite dark as the head-shaving activity took place under several tents.
So I opted for the 50mm f/1.8 as I noticed a hint of light coming in from
the side to illuminate part of this devotee's face and (shaved) locks.
Note: This was shot at f/2.8 since I wanted to have some depth to the shot.


Date: 20th January 2011 (Thurs.)

Time: 10.30am

Venue: Along Jalan Utama & the Sri Arulmigu Balathandayutthabani Temple (Jalan Kebun Bunga)
Lenses used: 70-200mm, 18-200mm and 50mm

No comments: