Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Faces of Penang





Well, these are some of the images I captured of people in their natural surroundings. I had been inspired to write more on my home state, especially since participating in the Heritage Walk organized two weeks ago in conjunction with the George Town’s 1st anniversary for being awarded the prestigious UNESCO World Cultural Heritage City. Before you start to think that these pictures were taken during the Walk, let me clarify that they were not. I was too engrossed in listening to our tour guide telling us the brief history of Penang (I still have so much to learn, even though I'm a Penangite!).

In fact, these pictures were taken over a span of nearly 6 months, and I'm keen to share with you what I saw. Nothing too fancy, I believe. Just observing behind my camera lens and letting you into my photographic world for that shutterspeed second.

In this posting, I try to show the different faces and races in Penang, ranging from young to old, engaging in their beliefs and living the life they know. Most are candid images, while for some others, a certain smile almost always does the trick :O)

They say Penang is a melting pot of people, culture and beliefs.

I couldn’t agree more.

No comments: