Monday, November 14, 2011

Josh Oon & Ying Qiao's wedding day (30th Oct '11)














From China (Ningbo) with Love
My phone vibrated to the sound of Michael Buble's "Save the last dance for me"..



Josh finally reached me, and he was keen to engage our services for his upcoming wedding.



Upcoming wedding? I never knew you had a girlfriend, buddy!



Anyway, I asked him, “So where’s your bride from?” He says from Ningbo, China…and I went…"Ooohh.."

Isn’t it cool to have your life partner from another country/religion/ethnicity? For me, I think it is.. :) Imagine marrying an European or Latin American? Then you could possibly add on to the growing list of languages you're able to roll your tongue to..

'Serene waves'?
A quick digging around the internet and I found this:

Ningbo (Chinese: 宁波; pinyin: Níngbō ; Ningbo dialect: Nyinpou is a seaport city of northeastern Zhejiang province, Eastern China. Holding sub-provincial administrative status, the municipality has a population of 7,605,700 inhabitants at the 2010 census whom 3,089,180 in the built up area made of 6 urban districts. It lies south of the Hangzhou Bay, facing the East China Sea to the east. Ningbo borders Shaoxing to the west and Taizhou to the south, and is separated from Zhoushan by a narrow body of water.


The first character in the city's name (宁 or 寧) means "serene", while its second character (波) translates to "waves". Together, the name literally means "Serene Waves".

Love finds you in many ways and in Josh’s case, he found his beautiful bride, Ying Qiao among the waves of people in the People’s Republic of China!

And serene waves? Hmmm....as I continue with some deep self-reflection, I wave this cute couple a sincere good bye for now. May you lovebirds make waves and sail through them!

Ok ok, enough with the waves now - I hear you.
So, arrivederci!

Hah! :O)

No comments: